Tyris M. Audronis
For References, please click here.
Recent Screen Credits:
- "Insane Coaster Wars: World Domination" - Graphics & Editor, Indigo Films / Travel Channel, San Rafael, CA
- "Beaches, Buns, & Bikinis" - Graphics, Indigo FIlms / Travel Channel, San Rafael, CA
- "Insane Coaster Wars" - Graphics & Editor, Indigo Films / Travel Channel, San Rafael, CA
- "I [Almost] Got Away With It" - Graphics & Editorial, Indigo Films / Investigation Discovery, San Rafael, CA
- "America's Most Top Secret Installations" - Graphics, Indigo Films / Discovery Channel, San Rafael, CA
- "Fragile Planet" - Supervising Editor, California Academy of Sciences, San Francisco
- "Journey to the Stars" - Supervising Editor, California Academy of Sciences Team (Project was a production of American Museum of Natural History in New York)
- "Citizen Sky: Epsilon Aurigae" - Supervising Editor / Sound Designer / Motion Graphics Artist / Videographer, California Academy of Sciences, San Francisco
- "Contractor's Routine" - Special Effects Supervisor - San Francisco, CA
- "LIFE: A Cosmic Story" - Maya Animator / Modeler / Supervising Editor, California Academy of Sciences, San Francisco
- "Aurora Borealis" — Sound Design / Music Score, California Academy of Sciences, San Francisco, CA
- "Polar" — Sound Design / Music Score, California Academy of Sciences, San Francisco, CA
- "So You Want To Be A Star" - Director / Producer, Chico, CA
- Avid Media Composer
- Final Cut Pro
Winter, 2012 - Present - Contract Position - Indigo Films
Assist with production needs:
- Motion & 3D Graphics
- Special Effects
- R/C Aerial Footage
- Timelapse (static and moving camera)
- Workflow and technical consultant
March, 2012 - December, 2012 - Technology & Workflow Manager - Indigo Films
Facilitate transition to tapeless workflows
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Managing upgrades of equipment
- Designing workflows
- Purchasing and designing technology integration
- Developed Intranet Site
- Managing cameras and codecs for numerous shows on several cable networks
- Avid Media Composer Editing
- Motion Graphics (Adobe CS6, Maya2012, Nuke)
- Audio mixing (Pro Tools)
- R/C Helicopter camera pilot
- Moving timelapse shots for "Boardwalk Nation" intro
- Negotiations with vendors and networking
December, 2011 - 2012 - Instructor - Bay Area Video Coalition
Instructor for post production, animation, special effects, and web technology
Classes include (but are not limited to):
- Introduction to After Effects
- Introduction to Maya
- Avid Media Composer
- Photoshop for Editors
- Intermediate HTML/CSS
- Video for the web
- Search Engine Optimization
September, 2011 - October, 2011 - Contract Position (Design Technologist II) - frog Design
User interface prototyping and programming
- New ATM system for major financial institutions.
Summer, 2010 - Summer, 2011 - Instructor, Motion Graphics - San Francisco School of Digital Film
Instruct students and advise during productions on principals of compositing and special effects for digital film using Apple Motion, and Adobe Aftereffects (with some highlights from Nuke and Shake)
Winter, 2007 — Fall 2011 - Supervising Editor, Science Visualization Studio / Morrison Planetarium - (Supervisor - Ryan Wyatt)
- Designed specifications, equipment, and studio layout
- Avid Unity on fibre network
- Avid Nitris DX
- Avid DS
- 11 Seats, Avid Media Composer
- Pro Tools HD3
- Pro Tools LE
- Pro Tools M-Powered
- Adobe CSx Master Collection
- Final Cut Studio
- Oversaw editing operations for web-syndicated / exhibited content
- Science In Action (weekly science news stories)
- Distributed on web in 720p
- Exhibited on 5120x1440 effective resolution multi-synced display
- Compositing / Animation / Videography / Sound Design
- Planetarium Production
- Editing for 4000 x 4000 fully immersive dome environment with 13.1 sound
- Maya Modeling / Animation
- Motion Graphics
- Sound design / Music Composition
- Total staff: 3 editors
- Negotiated partnerships, contracts, and sponsorships with corporate interests
- Avid Technology
- Autodesk, Inc
- Focus Enhancements
- Cutting Edge, Inc
- Snader and Associates
Fall / Winter 2007 - Summer, 2008 - California Academy of Sciences: Web Developer - (Supervisor - Donovan Rittenbach)
- Responsible for database-driven Flash content development
- Developed back-end PHP-based version tracking system tools for the development process
1995 --Present – Audronis Media - Audio / Video producer for radio / television advertising and manager of Information Technology and Internet Development.
- Web Design / Development
- Client Need Analysis
- User Experience
- Flash Animation / Application Design
- PHP (windows platform and LAMP environment)
- Optimization / Search engine placement
- Television / Film production
- Script Writing
- Talent Scouting
- Audio Engineering
- Animation (2D and 3D)
Fall, 2006 – Fall, 2007 – TSE, FKI Logistex, Inc (Alameda, CA) - Please see attached letter of recommendation
- Creating / Developing Intranet training tool
- Customer Relations
- Managing upgrades
Spring, 2005 – Spring 2006 – Contract Position: General Manager, Machine Radio & Villain Radio – MMO community based radio stations and community hubs.
- Creating / Developing Websites
- Personnel Management
- Community Management
- Forum Moderation
- Program Directing
- All Licensing and Technical Issues
Fall, 2005 – Spring 2006 – Producer/Director/Editor: “So You Want To Be A Star” – Talent based television game show airing on UPN-21 in Chico, CA 7pm, Sunday Nights.
- Arranging shoot dates
- Auditioning potential talent
- Deciding on talent
- Script writing
- Set Design
- Supervision of all crews
- Director of cinematography of all shows.
- Blocking of talent
- Calling live camera angles and movements
- Supervision of shoot crews (4 cameras, audio, and engineering)
- Met every deadline for shows to air
- Design of graphics, lower thirds, and overall look
- Nonlinear editing and compositing of show.
2001-Present – Freelance writer, Videomaker Magazine: Written articles, reviews, and subject of interviews for educational videos.
- Article Author
- Teach high end tricks and principals of editing and compositing
- Problem-solve to figure ways for less experienced editors and compositors to get high end looks with low end equipment and software
- Reviews of new software and hardware products (written)
- Subject for interviews
- Taught high end video techniques and tricks on camera for educational videos.
2000 – 2001 frog Design – San Francisco, CA – Design Technologist / Web Developer. Working closely with I2 in designing a web based application for industrial design collaboration.
- Bizwerk Front End Team – Core group for designing and implementing the front end design, functionality and user experience for the Bizwerk product.
- Worked closely with backend team using XMLC (a Java based dynamic content application).
Avtone Management Consulting 1985 -2000- Computer graphics, Web design, QA.
- Created wall size full color graphic poster flow charts for Applications and network maps. These included actual digital images of equipment and computer generated 3D and 2D illustrations of processes in accurate detail down to the LMHosts names of the devices. Graphics for Instruction Manuals were both gray scale and full color some were composite digitized pictures with some illustrative graphics applied, and some were first time concept graphics originals.
- Performed various functions as a consultant for commercial systems workstation and network operations. The businesses varied, some examples are, advertising agency's financial, personnel, and communications applications as well as their media editing, composition, and production equipment on the same network with a secondary private network for production. Professional offices, business and communications systems including Internet, and web page support.
- QA technician for software product testing….. Testing of functionality and design for time management software.
- Software Training…… Training on graphics software to assist design phases of software, manuals, web sites, etc.
Education: 1996-2000 CSU Chico Chico, CA
Attended CSU Chico as special major in computer generated special effects. Also attended local community college (Butte College) during summer months to further enhance my educational experience.
- Intern – Instructional Media Center CSU Chico – Computer Graphics
- Assistant to Mr. Rick Vertolli (Instructor for CSCI 240 – Computer animation)
- Responsible for lab support (1996-1999) for CSCI 240 (Advanced standing/ Graduate course)
- Converted student tutorial text books from Alias|Wavefront to Lightwave 3D.
- Evaluating, and creating tutorials for new software.
- Director, Spring 1999 Project Class.
- Assisted with various animations for state and local agencies.
- Video production and editing.
- Provided technical assistance.
- Special Academic Achievements:
- Participated by special invitation, in the CSU Chico Music Department’s Electronic Media Concert (an honor traditionally only extended to exceptional compositions by those that are music majors)
- Winner, 1998 Rosebud Award (held across entire CSU system) -- "Best Animation"
- Requested by the University to produce several university-funded solo video/interview shoots around the State of California.
- Bronze Medalist – 1995 Phi-Rho-Pi National Speech and Debate Championships – Informative Speaking.
Personal: U.S. Citizen.
Military Service: Honorable Discharge U.S. Navy, highest rank held E-3(Airman), Letter of commendation for outstanding academic achievement
Security clearances held: Secret
Languages: Fluent in English, with some exposure to French and Japanese languages.
Interests: Computer entertainment, public speaking, and learning new techniques in entertainment and computer related technology.
Supplement, Hardware/Software Knowledge:
- Silicon Graphics (IRIX)
- Linux / Unix
- Windows 7/Vista/XP/NT/95/98/2000
Programming Language Experience
- Maya MEL script
- Atari Basic
- Atari Microsoft
- Visual Basic
- HTML / DHTML Scripting (vast experience / Expert)
- VRML Scripting (1.0 and 2.0)
- Actionscript (expert)
- Perl Script
- PHP (expert)
Web-Based Authoring Software
- Adobe CSx Master
- Cosmo Worlds
- Caligari Pioneer
3D Graphics Software
- Lightwave 3D 4.0 – current version
- Time Machine
- Puppet Master
- Vertisketch Digitizer
- Particle Storm / Particle Storm Pro
- Motion Designer
- Morph Gizmo
- Morph Mixer
- And most other plug-ins
- Maya 1.0 – current version
- Paint Effects
- RealFlow (Fluid Dynamics)
- Cinema 4D
- Adobe Aftereffects 3.5 – current version
- Digieffects Suite
- Trapcode / Red Giant Suite
- Final Effects
- Studio Effects
- Next Effects
- Boris Effects
- Alias|Wavefront Composer
- Maya Fusion 2.0
- Avid DS
- Apple Motion
Video Editing Systems
- Avid Media Composer (Certified)
- Media 100
- Boris Effects
- Adobe Premiere / Premiere Pro / CS
- Final Cut Pro
- Speed Razor
- DPS Spark
- DPS Perception
- Newtek Toaster/Flyer - Amiga
- Newtek VT, ,  - NT
2D Graphics Software
- Entire Macromedia Suite
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe PageMaker
- Metacreations Painter
- Metacreations Painter 3D
- Newtek Aura
DVD Authoring Software
- Adobe Encore
- All Sonic Products
- DVD Studio Pro
Audio Editing / Recording Systems
- Cakewalk Pro Audio / Sonar
- Pro Tools (HD, LE, and M-Powered)
- Adobe Audition
- EMU/Ensoniq Paris
- Sound Forge
- Sound Track Pro
- Roland VS series digital track recorders
- Yamaha O2r
- Various Synthesizers / Sound Modules / Effects Processors